Saturday, January 7, 2012

Basho Revisited, early dawn

Basho was very interested in Zen-Buddhism and in his haiku you can read the Zen if you want to read that of course. Zen is in my soul. I am not a Buddhist, but I appreciate the spiritual thoughts of Buddhism.

In the following haiku by Basho he longs to see the face of a god in a flower. I think one can see a god in everthing around us and in all humans. I can see the face of god in the flowers, the trees, the birds, the insects, the animals and also in humans. I belief that in everything and everyone God is present.

nao nu tashi   hana ni ake yuku    kami no kao

still I want to see
in a flower the face of a god
early dawn


It's almost a sin to write a new haiku with this one as inspiration, because I love this haiku by Basho. It's not a well known one but surely it's one of his most wonderfully crafted haiku.

in the moonlight
I can see the mysterious face
of Mother Earth




Sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Fantastic photo ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. still I want to see
    in a flower the face of a god
    early dawn

    I do love the above by Basho..."seeing the face of God"
    is a wonderful thought

    You wrote:
    It's almost a sin to write a new haiku with this one as inspiration, because I love this haiku by Basho. It's not a well known one but surely it's one of his most wonderfully crafted haiku.

    in the moonlight
    I can see the mysterious face
    of Mother Earth

    This is a different approach ... more today, and I think it shows the inspiration you are looking for...

    thank you for your teaching by example.

    ReplyDelete